Outstanding Alumni Awards
Purpose | Qualifications | Awards | Method of selection | Nominate
PURPOSE OF AWARDS
To honor former residents of the OSU Stadium Scholarship Program whose outstanding deeds will serve as good examples for others, particularly students and young adults.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITERIA FOR AWARD
Nominees for any of the awards must:
- Have lived in the Stadium Scholarship Dormitory or the Stadium Scholarship Program for at least three quarters or two semesters.
- Be willing to have this recognition publicized as an example for youth to strive to match.
- Nominator must be a dues paying member of SSAS.
Professional Achievement Award
This award will be presented to alumni who have made outstanding contributions to their professions and have a superb record of distinguished career accomplishments. Please consider the following when submitting your nomination:
- Career accomplishments
- Professional impact
- Significant publications/research (primary authorship) —no more than five, please
- Community service
This award will be presented to alumni who have distinguished themselves in service to humanity and who have best exemplified the University’s motto, “Education for Citizenship,” by having performed significant voluntary service to their community beyond the call of business or professional duty. Please consider the following when submitting your nomination:
- Service to humanity
- Service to community
Outstanding Young Alumni Award
This award will be presented to young alumni who have demonstrated distinctive achievement in a career, civic involvement, or both. Nominees must not reach their 36th birthday during the year in which the award is to be given. Please consider the following areas when submitting your nomination:
- Career achievements
- Civic involvement
- Age 35 or younger
METHOD OF NOMINATION
Submit one nomination form per nominee per award.
Use of the Society’s nomination form is required. See below to complete the form.
Nominations must be submitted to the Chairperson of the Alumni Awards Committee of the Society.
Please answer the following questions (answers should be limited to half a page each).
1. How has the nominee shown exceptional leadership in their service or profession?
2. Please list nominee’s top three accomplishments in leadership and service.
3. List any other supporting information as to why the nominee is an ideal candidate for this award.
Should letters of support be submitted, no more than 2 will be accepted and each must be limited to one page each by persons other than the nominator.