The SSAS annual meeting was held on Saturday, October 6 at the RPAC before a victorious football game against Indiana. Following the year in review, the nearly 50 people in attendance looked ahead to next year. Many exciting upcoming events were discussed. Watch the events page and Facebook page for updates and registration information. All SSP alumni are welcome to participate.
- Monthly virtual community service events: November-blood donation, December-contribution of time or items to food pantry or clothes closet, Januray—contribution of time or items to animal support, February—assist someone in need, March—environmental efforts. Those who choose to participate any month can post to our Facebook page to be eligible for a $50 Amazon gift card of appreciation.
- December 5—Care Packages prepared for SSP students and board meeting-5:15 p.m. at Scholars West
- January 5—Ohio State vs. Michigan State basketball game—Noon—watch for an email with registration information or contact Rita Woeste (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- February 25—Dinner for 12 Buckeyes—6 p.m. at Longaberger Alumni House—contact Kristy Mount if interested in attending at email@example.com
- March 2—Hockey Night, Ohio State vs Michigan State—watch for an email with more information
- April 6—Stadium Alumni at Top Golf
- April 27—Capes for Kids Community Service activity for Children’s Nationwide Hospital—11 a.m.—Scholars West
- April 27—Stadium Alumni come home with Tour of Ohio Stadium—1 p.m.
- April 27—Stadium Alumni social event at Varsity Club—3 p.m.
Outgoing board members were then recognized. Curt Mencer leaves the board after years of coordinating the website and Len Kummerer is departing his position as membership chair. Both will be missed and their years of service are much appreciated
The SSAS new Executive Board was voted on and approved. Contact information is available on the Board page.
- Iric Bernal—president
- Kristy Mount—vice president
- Sue Kaczmarek—secretary
- Mary Ann Heft—treasurer
- Doug Byers—scholarship committee
- Paula Santa—communication and outstanding alumni committee
- Jack Schreibman—facebook
- Rita Woeste—events coordinator
- Joe Rozzo—young alumni events
- Lauren English—young alumni events
- Martha Nicodemus—young alumni events
- Maricela Segura—young alumni events
- Doug Bloss—email chair